Right, let’s get on with it.
I am a self-described “intellectual”. I am intelligent and I love more than anything a good, calm debate. I won’t engage myself into a chat where there’s no hope for anything good to come of it.
This is why I love political science. This is why I love Japanese Role-Playing Games (JRPG’s).
I have rules for those that want to play with me on the playground.
- There shall be no bullies.
- There shall be no personal attacks.
- Do not take things personally unless someone broke Rule 2.
- Be mature enough to not respond in kind to someone who broke Rule 2.
- Do not belittle someone or their argument. Not all of us can be phenomenal communicators. Some of us may have a hard time trying to get out what we mean to say.
- Be sensitive to what’s being said on the playground. It may be hard for someone to talk about their content. You don’t know what that person is going through. It doesn’t mean you have to walk on eggshells. It means: don’t be an asshole.
- I will refrain from ranting. You should too.
- Do not derail conversations. Derailers are fun-suckers and self-absorbed.
- Don’t worry about “necro-ing” something. I’ll do my best to respond.
I’m okay with things getting heated or intense. I simply don’t want people to be mean. If you’re mean, I will delete your comment. If you troll severely, I will block your IP from this website. That’s the price for being a bad person in these parts. Deal with it.
Also, if you post commentary on my website, these rules apply to you whether you see them or not. If you violate them, I will explain which rule you broke and why I am taking whatever action I take.
Just so you know: in a marketing class, we had a group project. The professor let us fire people, effectively failing them, if they weren’t doing a good job. When my group assembled, the first thing I told them was that I would have no problem firing them if they weren’t going to put in work. Guess what? Everyone pitched in. Don’t think my rules and enforcement aren’t credible. Because they totally are.
I appreciate you taking the time to read this page. More than likely, you are not the problem and therefore, I automatically like you. Thank you for being a decent person.
PS – extra cookies for getting my gif references.